You’ll get an update from Executive Director Leah Gunn Barrett and others about pending state and federal legislation and other NYAGV activities and find out how you can help advocate to reduce gun violence.
The meeting is free for NYAGV members.
- State legislation: Nicholas’s Law for CAP/safe storage (A. 53/S. 2291); domestic violence legislation to keep guns from domestic abusers (A. 249, A. 5257). The need for this legislation will be underscored by photographs of gun violence victims and their stories.
- Federal legislation: H.R. 1217 to expand federal background checks; Congress’s dangerous proposals for federally mandated concealed carry (H.R. 402/S. 498) and to strip the ATF of its ability to regulate ammunition.
- Q & A
NYAGV Spring Member Meeting details:
- Tuesday, March 31 @ 6 pm – 8 pm
- 87 Lafayette Street, First floor, New York, NY 10013
- Free to NYAGV members and supporters.
- Light refreshments will be served.
Please plan to join us! RSVP today at email@example.com or call NYAGV at 212-679-2345.