The Law (A-53) is named for Nicholas Naumkin, 12, shot and killed by a friend playing with his father’s unlocked and loaded gun. Nicholas’s Bill will help reduce unintentional shootings–as well as suicides–among children.
How you can help pass Nicholas’s Bill:
- Sign the petition for Nicholas’s Bill and tell your New York legislator we need to keep guns locked up and away from children.
- Spread the word–share the petition with your friends and colleagues.
- Share Nicholas’s drawing and help draw attention to the need for the safe storage of guns.
- Sign your organization up for the NYS Coalition for the Prevention of Child Access to Guns. Contact NYAGV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a donation to NYAGV and help us advocate for Nicholas’s Bill.