So what can you do to reduce gun violence?
1. Contact your Congressional representatives today to demand that they follow New York’s lead by supporting comprehensive criminal background checks and regulating military-purposed assault weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. Call their offices now and send them an electronic message.
2. Spread the word.
- Arrange a meeting in your neighborhood with an NYAGV speaker–at your church, synagogue or community group. Contact NYAGV at email@example.com or 212-679-2345. (Click here for information about community workshops.)
- Hold a house party. Invite your friends, neighbors and co-workers–they are concerned about gun violence! NYAGV will provide materials and a speaker. Contact NYAGV at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-679-2345.
- Share your concerns about gun violence with your friends, colleagues and co-workers. Share articles and posts on social media.
4. Vote for and support candidates who are strong on the issue. Don’t give politicians a pass. Vote only for those candidates who are committed to fighting gun violence. Withhold your vote from any candidate who is not.
5. Join the fight. Support organizations like New Yorkers Against Gun Violence that advocate for strong gun laws to help keep us safe from gun violence. Click here to give your support today.
The overwhelming majority of Americans support common-sense gun laws that will reduce gun deaths and injuries. Let’s work together to make sure our politicians listen to us–and not to the corporate gun lobby. Thank you!