Thanks to all who came out April 4 in New York City for the public forum about the dangers of federal Concealed Carry Reciprocity (CCR). CCR would override New York’s strong, sensible gun laws and allow visitors from weak gun law states to carry hidden, loaded weapons onto our streets and into our public spaces.
At the forum, policy experts, public officials and activists addressed the impact that Concealed Carry Reciprocity legislation (H.R. 38/ S. 446) would have on New York and its communities, and ways to take action against it. The forum was organized by the New York State Gun Safety Coalition, of which NYAGV is a member.
Take action now against CCR:
- Write a postcard now to your elected representatives urging them to oppose H.R. 38 and S. 446.
- Coordinate a meeting with your NY Congressional Representatives and other elected officials.
- Ask the NYS Gun Safety Coalition to help you plan an event. Participate in a Town Hall
- Organize an educational event about CCR for your community.
- Share information about CCR via strategic social media campaigns.
- Join the NYS Gun Safety Coalition’s Rapid Response Team.
See the full “Take Action” handout here for more information and help us defeat CCR!
(Click on the image below to enlarge.)