NYAGV’s “6 Months Since Newtown” press conference and rally drew over 150 people to New York’s City Hall on June 14. NYAGV, elected officials, and pro-gun-safety advocates commemorated the six month anniversary of the Newtown massacre and called on Congress to act now to pass background checks and other common sense gun laws.
See the press release and statements from elected officials issued after the event.
The June 14 event featured remarks by:
- Eric T. Schneiderman, New York State Attorney General;
- Leah Gunn Barrett, NYAGV Executive Director;
- Colin Goddard, a victim of the Virginia Tech shooting and a representative of the Brady Campaign;
- Dr. Sheldon Teperman, head of trauma surgery at Jacobi Medical Center;
- Kim Russell of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America;
- Rabbi Andy Bachman, Beth Elohim Synagogue;
- Reverend Ken Fisher, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church