Shaina Harrison, NYAGV Program Director, will be speaking on the “Innovative Strategies to Address Gun Violence in Communities of Color” panel at this weekend’s Annual Legislative Conference of the New York State Association of Black and Puerto Rican Legislators in Albany.
The panel is scheduled for Saturday, February 18 at 9:15 at the New York State Legislative Office Building.
Panelists and topics include:
- Nick Suplina, Senior Advisor and Special Counsel at Office of the Attorney General of the State of New York – New technology to track illegal guns trafficking.
- Erica Ford, CEO and Founder of LIFE Camp, Inc. – Communities impacted by illegal guns and what’s happening at the grassroots level.
- Eric Gonzalez, Acting Brooklyn District Attorney – The role of law enforcement, cases and gun culture.
- Shaina Harrison, NYAGV Program Director – Educating teens about gun violence and its prevention.
- Darcel Clark, Bronx District Attorney – Bronx policies and initiatives to address gun violence.
- Murray Holman, Community Activist – Programs to mediate disputes and prevent violence in the community.