Join NYAGV, CONNECT and other advocates against gun and domestic violence on Monday, December 8 at 6:30 pm for “Guns and Domestic Violence: A Lethal Combination.” This free community event will be held at John Jay College in Manhattan.
Assemblywoman Amy Paulin and NYAGV Executive Director Leah Gunn Barrett will provide you with an overview ofNew York State and federal gun laws addressing domestic violence and pending state legislation designed to close loopholes. Then Ed Hill of the Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence will discuss the gun violence problem in New York City. The presentation will be followed by a roundtable discussion with government officials and community activists.
- New York State Assemblywoman Amy Paulin
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- Commissioner Rose Pierre-Louis, Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence
- New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Executive Director Leah Gunn Barrett
- Executive Director of Outreach and Strategic Coordination Edward Hill, Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence
- CONNECT Co-Executive Directors Sally MacNichol and Quentin Walcott
- Life Camp Founder Erica Ford
- John Jay College Women’s Center Director Dr. Katie Gentile
- The Fortune Society Director of Community Relations Marlon Peterson
- Community Driven Solutions Founder and President Juan Ramos
Please join us and find out how you can get involved and help make a difference!
To RSVP, please email Leslie@nyagv.org.
“Guns and Domestic Violence: A Lethal Combination”
Monday, Dec. 8, 2014 | 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice | Gerald W. Lynch Auditorium
524 W. 59th St., New York, NY