Please join NYAGV April 4 in New York City for a free community discussion, “Concealed Carry Reciprocity: Dangerous for New York.”
Federal Concealed Carry Reciprocity (CCR) would override New York law and allow visitors from weak gun law states to carry hidden weapons onto our streets and into our public places such as Times Square, Niagara Falls, and even the corner bar.
At this informative event, policy experts, public officials and activists will address the federal CCR bills (H.R. 38 and S. 446) being considered by Congress, their potential impact on New York State and City, and ways to fight the gun lobby’s dangerous agenda.
- Letitia James, New York City Public Advocate (Opening Remarks)
- Brian Kavanagh, New York State Assemblyman
- Nicholas Suplina, Senior Advisor and Special Counsel, Office of the New York Attorney General
- Kevin Gotkin, Gays Against Guns.
- Adam Skaggs, Director of Litigation for the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence/ARS.
- Larry Byrne, NYPD Deputy Commissioner
Moderator: Rebecca Fischer, New Yorkers Against Gun Violence
Please join us!
Concealed Carry Reciprocity Forum
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 ⋅ 7 – 9 PM
The Church of the Holy Trinity, 316 East 88th Street (Between 1st Ave. & 2nd Ave.), NY, NY 10128 (Directions: Q train to the 2nd Avenue Subway station at 86th Street)
Admission is free.
This event is sponsored by the New York State Gun Safety Coalition.